REASONS TO SQUARE DANCE
1. It's good clean wholesome
fun - foul & obscene talk is forbidden, no alcoholic beverages
is a national association rule.
2. Mayo Clinic encourages Square Dancing - burns about 500 calories
per hour, strengthens bones, and helps cardiovascular system.
3. Economical - fees are to pay the caller and rent the hall
- that's all!
4. Good exercise - dancing for 2 hours is equal to a 4-mile
5. Helps to relieve stress - while dancing, you are listening
to a caller and following instructions leaving little time to
worry, also relaxes mind and loosens tense muscles.
6. An alcohol free environment - drinking and dancing do not
mix, your reaction to calls must be sharp. Drinking before or
during a dance is strictly prohibited.
7. Chases away the blues - You'll never be lonely at a square
8. Square Dances are held in modern facilities - It's a myth
that dances are held in barns or haylofts.
9. Everybody welcome - Children, single people, couples, families,
we all have good clean fun together.
10. Classes include line and round dancing - a pleasant diversion
from dancing in squares of eight.
11. It is an American Heritage - The National Dance for over
12. Also an international activity - Square dancing is in foreign
13. All age groups welcome - Children 8 to adult (younger kids
14. It's easy - If you can walk, you can square dance!
15. Square Dancing is rewarding - you graduate with a degree
and can dance anywhere, even while on vacation.
16. It is available here in your community & surrounding
17. Square Dancing is fun for all ages - 8 people work as a
team in a square.
18. Wear comfortable clothing - long sleeved shirts for the
men, comfortable flat heeled shoes or cowboy boots for men and